EGI Academies and ONLINE
Courses - Programs - Workshops - Seminars - Boot Camps
Instructional Methods and Techniques
Courses - Programs - Workshops - Seminars - Boot Camps
Instructional Methods and Techniques
Our courses, programs, workshops and seminars are highly participative in the true sense. You'll have an opportunity to explore issues and practice skills during individual and group exercises. There will be ample opportunity to ask questions about projects.
In most courses and programs we'll use video/audio, checklists, questionnaires, guides, worksheets and samples to provide you with tangible guidance in developing your new learned knowledge and skills. Numerous tips and techniques are contained in the curriculum subject matter and reinforced during exercises
- Our focus is on realistic, practical material you can use in the real world. We concentrate our efforts on the How-To's in the field.
- Because our courses, workshops, programs and seminars are all performance-based, we provide you with Step-by-Step procedures to follow (rather than theories, principles and concepts).
- We guarantee that the new skills and techniques you gain will have practical value that far outweighs the investment.
- We model what we teach at all times. We will use dozens of innovative techniques you can apply in your new learned skills.
- We will survey your interests and abilities before the course, workshop or program begins and do our very best to address each and every one.
- We provide the intensive focus of single-subject in the courses, workshops and programs rather than brief conference-style sessions.
- Studies have shown that if new learned material is not used within 30 days, over 90% of that material is forgotten. To help you retain the new skills, we provide comprehensive Refresher & Reinforcement Workshops you can attend long after the original course, workshop or program. Videos from each of our Refresher & Reinforcement Workshops are available for purchase should you not be able to attend.
- There will be regular exercises for you to do, usually working as part of an Action Team. We believe that the most beneficial parts of our courses, workshops and programs are your opportunities to perform the new learned skills and receive feedback.
- We follow a quick pace in our courses, workshops and programs. Expect a High-Content, High-Involvement, High-Energy Program.
- Our courses, workshops, programs and seminars require effort on your part, but we also make sure that they are lively, entertaining, and fun. Learning Without Pain Works!
- We make certain that we do not over-complicate the material. You will leave with the feeling "This isn't so hard. I can do it." We won't overwhelm you or try to impress you with our skill: we want you to be impressed with your own skill by the time you leave.
- The focus and efficiency you gain will reduce your extra workload.
- In all instructional divisions of EGI are all we do — not just a sideline.We specialize 100% in Education, Teaching and Training, Professional and Personal Protection & Security, Intelligence, Problem-Resolve Options & Consulting, Life Survival Skills, Personal Development Skills, Fear Control & Self Confidence Skills, Weapons Disarm-Defense and Engagement, and many other specialized skills.
- Our materials are drawn from years of experience in the field. We base our courses, workshops, programs and seminars on a realistic approach to the real world environment.
- We continuously improve and update our courses, workshops, programs and seminars based on national and global events, and international experts suggestions and feedback. Our goal is to make our courses, workshops, programs and seminars effective and realistic, and as "user-friendly" as possible.
- We constantly research the field to include workable, practical developments in our courses, workshops, programs and seminars. For example, we incorporate principles of Accelerated Learning, Creative Thinking, Training and Practicing Techniques and Conforming Teaching Styles in our systems.
- Since we have several relatively long instructional systems we use both Accelerated Learning Techniques and Self-Set Aid Designs, you will learn more in less time in our system than in many courses that are longer (if there is one). This may sound like a marketing exaggeration, but reality, is fact, after all.
- Attendance in our courses, workshops, programs and seminars is limited to allow maximum participation and feedback.
Information, literature, DVD’s or any other publication regarding these programs is not commercially available. We do not support or endorse individuals, clubs, academies, organizations or encourage sites and/or books and DVD’s purporting to teach our system. Participants will be given authentic information and advice on application and during the induction periods.
What are the advantages and challenges of online learning and training?
Technology has become the key to a new world of education. Online learning, training and teaching has become one of the most popular ways of gaining access to most types of education, knowledge and skills.
There is a lot of controversy surrounding the idea of learning a physical art, commando training, bodyguard, secret intelligence, weapons, disarming, use and defense, disaster survival, improvised first aid, martial arts, fitness, street self defense, how to control fear, how to acquire self confidence, how to stand alone, etc. education through an ONLINE medium. HOWEVER, learning physical arts and acquiring knowledge and skills on how to control fear/self-confidence, survival mindset, disaster survival and travel abroad safety workshops, or high-level bodyguard courses, basic secret intelligence and international security consultant programs, etc, ONLINE is even better than learning in an academy or school. It is quite true that learning online, or through a distance learning (home study) program/course of any sort can be challenging. Here are the five major pitfalls to take into consideration in regards to learning ONLINE.
Lack of Correction From an Instructor as You Are Learning or Training.
Clearly if you are at home watching a video, or following any sort of home-study material, you do not have the actual living and breathing instructor there with you. You may start to learn, practice a technique or a system the wrong way from the get-go, and then do it wrong forever. Maybe you are having problems synchronizing an idea or a system, or trying to learn a technique, and you just cannot figure a certain move in the technique. When you take a live group class, or even live private lesson, you have the big advantage of receiving corrections and tips on the fly. Rather than doing something wrong and developing a bad habit in your memory, you can have it modified. If you tend to be in a larger group class, however, it is possible that you may get skipped over quite often, and not actually receive the one-on-one attention you’d like.
How We Correct This: To create the best feedback possible, we have created a system that allows us to give you corrections and feedback along your learning journey. If you have any specific questions or problem along the way, you can always message your instructor. In our new upgraded/evolved online training, we have created more tools for instructor support and checking-in with their students. For example, each time you have a question about your learning or training session online, you will send us an email with the date you practiced, for how long, a brief description of what you did, and you can attach a photo or video. If you have a quick question about a situation, a technique, a procedure or move, you could film yourself with a smartphone, tablet or camera for 1-2 minutes doing the technique or situation, and attach it to an email, facebook messenger or any other social communication system. Your instructor will get a notification that you have sent him a notice, and that a video is attached. Your instructor will then review it, and most likely film a quick “reply video” showing you how it is done properly. Another way that we help correct you and all students and provide feedback (that we already do for every at Home student), is to provide a video feedback (Question & Answer) twice monthly. After reviewing your Questions and your Videos, your instructor will answer the questions and film himself demonstrating any specific questions, corrections, modifications, constructive criticism, praise, and overall feedback for you to take back into you practice sessions.
No Training Partners or Live Bodies to Practice With.
This can be a huge pitfall, especially if you are learning a physical art. Of course, an argument can be made that every physical arts is hands-on, but some in particular, are much more difficult to practice solo. When you are doing an online program, you are on your own to figure out how to practice correctly, which can lead to making mistakes and not practicing with full intensity and realism. When you attend a group class, you get to meet other people, try things on different size bodies and strengths, which can help to prepare you more for the real world of varied body types.
How We Correct This: First of all, we have created our video training lessons and classes with this in mind. We realize that you are practicing at home, either alone, or with a training partner (even if it is just a family member that is working-out with you or is helping to attack you, or do some place-holder style (manoeuvres). We have created specialized partner drills, which allow you to properly do “live-body” practice with a person, whoever it may be. We also offer modified drill ideas for using hanging bags, couch pillows, walls, the floor, and other household items to simulate certain concepts. You need to work with what you have – but in an intuitive, well-considered way. To take this one step further, our new upgraded training courses will have a Student Locator. This student locator will allow you to find other EGI students who are in your near vicinity. Simply send us an email with your country, state/province and city and we will give you the information. You can then send a private message and ask if they would like to meet up and practice with you.
No Accountability or Motivation From Your Instructor and Peers.
This is another reason why learning online doesn’t work for most people. They are all excited about learning something special or becoming an expert in something, and just by buying some videos or programs online and learning in their living room! After a few weeks of learning some stuff here and there, never really pushing themselves to their limit, they kind of fizzle out and put their home-study training on the backburner. This is not really their fault, to some extent. When you attend an academy, you know that you have a schedule, and you have “pressure” from your peers and instructor to attend regularly. You don’t want to be the guy who missed out on learning a special lecture, skill, technique, move, or an awesome workout. You don’t want to be the one who is falling behind and not ready for the upcoming test. Your instructor will motivate you and hold you accountable to your goals.
How We Correct This: We create a personal, one-on-one relationship with each student. Many of our home study students have commented how their training experience with us has actually been better, and more in-depth, detailed as they go along. By getting to know you, your background and past experience, your future goals and situation, we can help keep you on track. With our new website, we are taking this many steps further! When you are training in your course, you can clearly see in a sequential format, what classes and lessons to do next. You can see your running total of minimum training hours in your online student program. Your instructor will be reviewing your progress via your videos and Q & A, and checking on how often you are watching classes and practicing. We have created a new system of accountability, which is exactly what you want! Accountability leads to you reaching your goals, which is the whole point, anyways. You will also get support and camaraderie with your peers via the student forum and special live seminar events, in which you can get to know other EGI students.
No New Material or Weekly Classes to Keep it Fresh.
Why do students pay good money to attend a high quality academy or school? Is it the chairs, the tables, the white board, the videos, the music, the mats, the bags, the bathrooms, the exercises, the plants in the lobby? The main reasons are to take a class each week. The classes are really the product of an academy. They’ve got to be challenging, progressing, motivating, exciting, and taught by someone who really is an expert in the field. Most online organizations don’t offer programs like this, as funny as it sounds. They tend to just have the entire curriculum broken up and taught in little lessons, technique by technique. But, is that how you would learn in a real academy? No. You would learn in a fluid class environment. A class (courses & workshops) usually includes knowledge, skills, procedures, methods and Q & A. Physical arts includes a warm up, stretching, technique lessons, drills, hitting pads, working with partners, maybe a fun game, some strength exercises, and perhaps even a closing philosophical or guidance lesson of sorts. This is why people pay good money to attend good quality academies; you get a real rich and in-depth learning experience.
How We Correct This: Our at Home physical arts programs include some extra home-training classes inside the program. These allow you to press play and do the class along with the screen. You will then have a great idea of how to create and format your own learning and training classes. But, we’ve decided to take it one step further for our new evolved programs, If you decide to upgrade to the MAX, you will get a new full-length class each and every week! Every week you can look forward to seeing your instructor teaching a small class from start to finish, going through a warm up, doing drills using pieces of equipment, household items, or partner, games and skills, strength exercises, and other tips. This keeps your training fresh and exciting from day one. Just like you would expect from an academy class.
You Don’t Earn Real Accreditation, Certification or Rank
A potential danger of joining a home study course or program is…will my Diploma, Certificate for Continuing Education, Certificate of Participation, Certificate of Attendance or Rank actually mean anything?! It would be quite terrible to commit years of your life, training, blood, sweat, and tears to receive a certificate, rank or diploma from “XYZ Organization All-Online.” You would feel silly putting it up on the wall, or worse, showing it to a certified institution or a potential employer.
How We Correct This: Since we maintain very high standards and necessary qualifications for our home study students, we issue the same exact Diplomas, Certificates and Ranks that you would earn if you were to be a student at one of our academies. The Diplomas, Certificates and Ranks do not mention “online” or “home study” anywhere, as that is irrelevant to print on the issued document. “Online” is simply the platform that you learned through, but it did not change the grading requirements and standards that you completed in order to achieve that standard. All awards issued to students is from the EAGLE GROUP INTERNATIONAL - EGI University and is recognized by all certified international organizations associated with EGI’s highly specialized courses/programs, including government agencies.
As you can see, there can be disadvantages to learning online. It is important to educate yourself on what could be your downfall, and lead you to learning a lower quality system of study, or not even completing a course or program due to inconsistencies and missing pieces. We’ve been doing this online since 2010, and have constantly improved our systems along the way.
If you are interested in becoming one of our students, to begin your new journey, check out the courses and programs that we offer. What is Eagle Group International, EGI University? This is the elevated and upgraded form of Eagle Group International – EGI at Home Programs, which is scheduled to launch in a few weeks. We recommend that you go ahead and purchase one of our current programs or courses to start your training now. Once the EGI University launches, we can migrate you in to the new programs/courses, so that you can get all of the new benefits. Clearly, at that point you will need to pay a small monthly tuition (3 or 6 months per subscription) or a program/course fee which is the only difference in terms of pricing. The EGI at Home courses and programs were a simple pay-per-view, We look forward to teaching/training with you soon, and hope that this article was helpful on your search for a quality online courses and programs.
Being a EGI University Member feels different because it is different.
While most membership organizations and clubs pile on information and leave you to put it all together for yourself, that isn't how things are setup in the MAK7 Combative Arts™ Academies, EGI Secret Intelligence Academies, EGI Certified Training Centers or ONLINE Program. By giving you knowledge. lessons, skills and mindset in bite-sized portions, you'll be more likely to actually do something with the content - and more likely to see real and lasting results. You'll receive information, lessons and skills, made available to you in-person or online, plus you will get all the benefits of being a represented member with our organization, an industry leader since 1975.
Instructors, Coaches and Presenters work hard on your behalf to facilitate your ability to understand and comprehend our proven and field-tested systems of personal protection, life survival skills, secret intelligence skills, bodyguarding, fitness, fear control, mindset, etc.
There will also be additional materials and special bonuses being made available to you. In other words, we’ll give you everything you need to succeed.
EGI University provides you with clear, proven blueprints for achieving lasting success and helps you leverage the full power of our world-class EGI Programs.